very Saturday there is a dangerous animal on the loose! It’s our Lamsie – along with Shannon and DJ EJ to see you through the afternoon!
Kicking off the show we have bangers “Sweet Lovin’” by Sigala and “Pyanjo” by Eric Prydz. Call us old fashioned, but that’s how you start a radio show on a cloudful Saturday afternoon!
What’s the biggest thing we have done in this week? Well, Shannon has been shooting her animation – and no Lamsie, not with a gun! She has been working hard all week to complete it and now she’s in the editing stage! This week, DJ EJ has been busy writing blogs! He has written 4 blogs all about games including Alga Beasts and Dragon’s Fury! And our Lamsie has been working his shorts! As soon as the shorts come out you know summer has begun! The sun must have missed the memo today...
Celebrity I Unspy!
The silly little quiz that’s got Newport in a tizz! Lamsie thinks he’s seen someone famous wandering the streets of Newport, but he doesn’t because no one famous ever comes here! But nonetheless he’s excited to tell us so he turns it into a little game – it’s basically Guess Who for the radio! Don’t worry – we get to ask loads of questions! It’s okay – we have 60 seconds! This week’s clue is the initials PP - GO!
DJ EJ – Are they female? NO!
Shannon – Is he British? YES!
DJ EJ – Does he wear jeans? Um... Don’t think so!
Shannon – Singer? NO!
DJ EJ – Does he drive? He gets someone else to do that!
Shannon – Of a certain age? YES!
DJ EJ – Is he a presenter? NO!
Shannon – Been in the news recently? YES!
Summary – Initials PP, British male of a certain age and has been in the news this week, usually works with his wife but is retiring, says the wrong thing a LOT. It’s none other than...
Time for the Extreme Track – the song that shouldn’t be played on the radio but we play it anyway! This week we have “It Doesn’t Matter” by Wyclef Jean ft Melky Sedeck and The Rock! This one had a great response in the studio!
New Blogs and Local Elections!
Shannon has 2 new blog series up on our website! First we have Radio Notes: Lamsie on the Loose which is this very blog you’re reading right now!! (Have we just created blog-ception?) So if you miss a show, never fear! You can catch up with what went on here! She also has a new personal music series called Shannon’s Music Roundup! This is a monthly series where Shannon will give you the low down on the tracks she has been digging that month! Give it a read and get involved! Tell us what song has caught your lug holes this month on Twitter or Facebook!
It has been a very big week in Newport with the local elections taking place on Thursday! Newport has remained Labour but there have been a lot of change in different communities across the city! To find who has been elected in your area, check out our Gareth’s Local Elections Results blog!
25 Years of DJ Lamsie!
This is the part of the show where we go back in time – all the way back to 1999 where we celebrate our Lamsie’s 25 year long career as a DJ! We take you back with some 1999 bangers and Shannon and Lamsie dish out some facts about the year! Here are the throwback tunes we played! A mix bag of nostalgic tunes, classic 90’s bangers and a slight bit if cheese...
- “9PM (Til I Come) – ATD
- “Witch Doctor” – Cartoons – we’re meant to play music to make people tune in, not switch off Shannon...
- “Bug a Boo” – Destiny’s Child
- “Bring It All Back” – S Club 7
- “I See You Baby” – Groove Armada
- “Cloud Number 9” – Bryan Adams
- “We’re Going to Ibiza” – Vengaboys
- “I Want It That Way” Backstreet Boys
Facts of 1999!
- Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace was released and it was the highest grossing film of the year, earning over $900,000,000
- David Bowie’s album “Hours” is the first complete album by a major artist available to download over the Internet in advance of physical release
- This Morning became the first television programme on British television to show men how to check themselves for signs of testicular cancer
- Family Guy airs its pilot in America on FOX after the new episode of The Simpsons
- The Best Film Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA went to American Beauty
- The London Eye and Millennium Dome were opened in London and The Millennium Stadium was opened in Cardiff in this year
- Production on The Lord of the Rings Trilogy begins in this year
- S Club 7 debuted at number 1 in the UK Singles Charts with “Bring It All Back”
- Channel 4 debuts Russell T. Davies’s ground breaking series “Queer as Folk”
- Bob the Builder premieres on BBC1
- The first emojis are introduced in Japan
Phillip Davies Gatecrash!
Other Newport City Radio boss man, Phillip Davies gatecrashed the end of the show to let our listeners know that he was going to be taking over the next show. But by doing this, he created radio history! This was the first time Phillip and Lamsie has presented together after working with each other for nearly 30 years! Wowsers!
Lamsie on the Loose is taking a little break for two weeks! Join us on Saturday 27th May at our brand new time of 3pm!