am is one half of the music duo Two Trick Pony. While Sam was ill and housebound (could it have been the dreaded Manflu?) I took the opportunity to get to know him better with a Q&A by email.
Along with his brother, Joel, Sam is going to be my guest on The Mid Week Mix Up on Wednesday 21st April. Join us for some live music and chat at 5pm.
1. What was the last gift you gave or received?
I bought a jumper for my wife.
2. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
Blue. It's my favourite colour.
3. Who was the last artist/s you saw in concert?
American Blues guitarist, Kenny Wayne Shepherd at The Tramshed, Cardiff.
4. What's the worst job you ever had?
Counting sheets of fly trapping paper.
5. Name three yellow things that make you happy
Yellow ( song by Coldplay), Daffodils and Chicken Korma.
6. What's the last book you read?
Mr Tickle with my daughter.
7. Describe the best birthday cake in the world
Classic chocolate cake.
8. The Last film you watched at the cinema was?
9. In a movie about your life, who would play the role of you?
Bruce Willis as I've lost nearly all my hair now.
10. Best advice from your parents?
Don't mess up your exams.
11. If you could have a cameo part in a sitcom, which would it be?
12. Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
Autumn - more guaranteed sun!
13. What was the first album you owned?
14. Let's say you can invite five people to a dinner party. Who will you choose?
John Lennon, Gary Moore, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton and David Bowie.
15. Who is most likely to get you into trouble?
16. Tell us three things you have in your fridge?
Milk, spread and an old school Walnut Whip. I'm low maintenance!
17. On a scale of 1-10, how weird are you?
18. What's the best soup?
19. Pick a city for a weekend break.
Dublin. I just missed a trip to due to illness.
20. Would you rather be a fish or a bird? Why?
A bird, of course, because I am a Bird!
21. What time do you usually get up in the mornings?
22. On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you?
23. When you were a kid, what did you think you would grow up to be?
A pop star.
24. Would you rather live in a castle, a yellow submarine, an igloo or a tree house?
A castle. It's a better investment!
25. What advice would you give to your 13-year-old self?
Don't mess up your exams in case you don't become a pop star.