very Saturday there is a dangerous animal on the loose! It’s our Lamsie – along with Shannon, Chloe and DJ EJ to see you through the afternoon!
Kicking off the show we have bangers “S&M" by Rhianna and "Latch" by Disclosure ft Sam Smith. Call us old fashioned, but that’s how you start a radio show on a uncolourful Saturday afternoon!
What’s the biggest thing we have done in this week? Well, Shannon has been very busy with big, exciting meetings this week. Meetings with Lamsie and meetings with the BBC! Chloe has been to Belle Vue Park this week and sampled some of Parc Pantry's smoothies! DJ EJ has been very helpful in the office by having a good clean! He's been hoovering and loading the dishwasher! Although his phone died this week! Sad times - Lamsie understands the chore of having no internet! And for our Lamsie it's been his last week of teaching before the summer! He had a lovely send off with someone saying he didn't like him... Not to worry though, it means that he did like him after all! Who couldn't like our Lamsie?!
Celebrity I Unspy!
The silly little quiz that’s got Newport in a tizz! Lamsie thinks he’s seen someone famous wandering the streets of Newport, but he doesn’t because no one famous ever comes here! But nonetheless he’s excited to tell us so he turns it into a little game – it’s basically Guess Who for the radio! Don’t worry – we get to ask loads of questions! It’s okay – we have 60 seconds! This week’s clue is the initials PS - GO!
Chloe - is it a man? YES!
EJ - Does he drive? YES!
Chloe - Is he a singer! NO... BUT HAD A NUMBER 1!
EJ - Has he been on any talk shows? YES!
Chloe - Is he a persenter? YES!
EJ - Does he go shopping? YES!
Chloe - BBC presenter? NO!
EJ - Channel 4? NO!
Chloe - X Factor? NO!
Summery - male presenter who has been on talk shows but not on BBC or Channel 4, has been settling peoples debts this week, a (this) morning person excepts on the weekend and a UK silver fox. It can only be...
Time for the Extreme Track – the song that shouldn’t be played on the radio but we play it anyway! Now we have 3 cheesy tracks on the show to get stuck in your head! Our first extream track comes for the 80's with "Walk Like an Egyptian" by The Bangles. From the 90's we have "Always" by Erasure - which was rudly interupted by our El bursting in the studio all singing and dancing! Good job he mics were off! And finally from the noughties we have "Hung Up" by Madonna. Not one of her worst songs, not one of her best, but definatly an extream track with "Gime, Gimme, Gimme" by ABBA mixed in there - what is it with you and ABBA Shannon?
DJ EJ's Summer Soul Selection
DJ EJ is back with his brand new Summer Soul Selection, getting us in that summery mood. Firstly, we have "Still" by Antwyn Jackson. The second song is a classic tune from The Black Eyed Peas with "Shut Up". And finally we have "Stay" by Ne-yo. A great choice of tunes there EJ!
What's New on the Website?
We have a brand new game review from our Denise with a review of the new Crash Bandicoot game - a game literally everyone has been talking about! There is a review if the Doctor Who Series 10 finale up from our Whovian Terry. There is another installment from our Lamsie's '25 Years of DJ Lamsie' series where he has reached the year 2005 and a lot of things happen! Definetly check that one out! And finally we have coming up this week is a review of the season 7 premiere of Game of Thrones from ALD. You don't want to miss it!
Love Live Music
Here at Newport City Radio, we love live music! So much so that we have made it our slogan for this year! Every saturday in the summer we aim to bring in a live music guest! This week we have up-and-coming artist on Newport's open mic scene Selena Jerome! Selena performed two of her original songs for us live on air!
"Games" by Selena Jerome
"Summer Days" by Selena Jerome
25 Years of DJ Lamsie!
This is the part of the show where we go back in time – all the way back to 2005 where we celebrate our Lamsie’s 25 year long career as a DJ! We take you back with some 2005 bangers and Shannon and Lamsie dish out some facts about the year! Here are the throwback tunes we played! A mix bag of nostalgic tunes, classic noughties bangers and a slight bit if cheese...
- "Everyday I Love You Less and Less" - Kaiser Chiefs
- "Cool" - Gwen Stefani
- "Wires" - Athlete
- "Feel Good Inc." - Gorillas ft De Le Soul
- "Doctor Pressure" - Mylo vs Miami Sound Machine
- "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor" - Arctic Monkeys
- "Since U Been Gone" - Kelly Clarkson
- "Bad Day" - Daniel Powter
- "Somebody Told Me" - The Killers
- "Shot You Down" - Audio Bullys
- "Wiseman" - James Blunt
Facts of 2005!
- Highest grossing – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – almost $900million
- The first series of the UK version of The Apprentice debuts on BBC Two
- EastEnders celebrates its 20th anniversary on the air, airing a special episode in which Dirty Den Watts is killed by his new wife Chrissie. 14.34 million watch the episode
- Doctor Who returns after 16 years with Christopher Eccleston as The Doctor and Billie Piper as Rose. The first episode pulls in 10.8million viewers. In his last episode as the Doctor, it is reviled that the 10th Doctor is David Tennant.
- Britney Spears earned her first Grammy in the category of Best Dance Recording for her hit single Toxic
- Carrie Underwood wins the fourth season of American Idol.
- American rock band Panic! at the Disco released their debut album "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out"
- Madonna earns her 36th Top Ten single with “Hung Up” - sets a new record in the download charts by staying at #1 for 7 consecutive weeks.
- The first Guitar Hero video game is released for the PlayStation 2. The game becomes a major hit that turns rhythm games into one of the most popular video game genres for several years, and increases the sales of artists who have their songs included in the games.
- VHS starts to become obsolete with many stores around the world phasing out sale of them
- Another second is added to end the year 2005, the first time since 1998
- The first video is uploaded to the online video hosting service YouTube
Join Lamsie and the gang every Saturday at their new summer time slot of 2pm-5pm!