Kicking off the show we have bangers “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark” by Fall Out Boy and “Angel” by Shaggy ft. Rayvon. Call us old fashioned, but that’s how you start a radio show on a autumny Saturday afternoon!
What’s the biggest thing we have done in the past 5 weeks while we have been off air? Well, Shannon went to see Emma Blackery in concert in Cardiff which she said was the best gig she had ever been to in her life! Another big thing that’s happened with Shannon is that she has almost finished college and has achieved 3 A*s! Wow! Can’t do better than that!
DJ EJ has been doing a bit of local travelling recently as he visited Barry and Bristol Food Festival with his mum! He said that he took his mum to Barry for a treat since it had been years since they had been! Who doesn’t love Barry!? He also said that it had been his mum’s birthday and he bought her a card, cake and a watch! Lovely!
And finally, our Lamsie is back from his break and yes he finally has a new car! A white Ford Fiesta all the way from Wigan! Then he abandoned the poor thing for 10 days as he swanned off on a lad’s holiday to Turkey! We wish your liver a healthy recovery!!
Celebrity I Unspy!
The silly little quiz that’s got Newport in a tizz! Lamsie thinks he’s seen someone famous wandering the streets of Newport, but he doesn’t because no one famous ever comes here! But nonetheless he’s excited to tell us so he turns it into a little game – it’s basically Guess Who for the radio! Don’t worry – we get to ask loads of questions! It’s okay – we have 60 seconds! This week’s clue is the initials TQ - GO!
Shannon – Are they male? NO!
DJ EJ – Female? YES!
Shannon – British? YES!
DJ EJ – Been on TV? YES!
Shannon – Is she a singer? NO!
DJ EJ – Actress? NO!
Shannon – Is she some kind of presenter? NO... BUT YES... BUT NOT REALLY!
DJ EJ – Does she dress up? KIND OF!
Shannon – I give up...
Summary – initials TQ, famous British lady, at a different colour clash today, in need of 91 candles, it’s her birthday, but it’s not her birthday. It is...
Shannon wasn’t amused by this one... “The” is not a name!!
Time for the Extreme Track – the song that shouldn’t be played on the radio but we play it anyway! But hang on! We now have 3 extreme tracks – one for each hour of the show! The first track we had was the 1986 classic “Rock Me Amadeus” by Falco. The second extreme track is from the 90’s with Dannii Minogue’s “This Is It” – who remembers Dannii Minogue music career? Shannon did but not this song! The final extreme track f the show was a classic yet cheesy song from the 00’s – “Oops... I Did It Again” by Britney Spears. What a banger!
A big week coming up in the world of gaming and gadgets with the annual E3, and Newport City Radio will bring you the low down of every panel and announcement so if you love your games, be sure to check out the website. As well as this, our Denise has already written some prediction blogs prior to the event too!
A lot of music content on the website for Shannon including reviews for Linkin Park’s new album “One More Light” and an EP review for YouTube sensation Emma Blackery’s new record “Magnetised” – it’s BLACKERY, not BLACKBERRY Lamsie! There is also a new instalment of Shannon’s Music Roundup for the month of May! Be sure to check these blogs out music lovers!
It was election week this week and the outcome is confusing! But not to worry, our Gareth has broken down everything that happened in the General Election for us to understand! And finally of course, our Lamsie is back with his DJ tales with 25 Years of DJ Lamsie!
25 Years of DJ Lamsie!
This is the part of the show where we go back in time – all the way back to 2000 where we celebrate our Lamsie’s 25 year long career as a DJ! We have hit the millennium! We take you back with some 2000 bangers and Shannon and Lamsie dish out some facts about the year! Here are the throwback tunes we played! A mix bag of nostalgic tunes and noughties bangers! Here are the throwback tracks we played:
- “Freestyler” – Bombfunk MC’s
- “Love Shy” – Kristine Blond
- “One More Time” – Daft Punk
- “Say My Name” Destiny’s Child
- “Trouble” – Coldplay
- “Girls Like Us” – B-15 Project ft. Chrissy D and Lady G
- “The Bad Touch” – Bloodhound Gang
- “Sandstorm” – Darude
- “Crazy Love” – MJ Cole
- “Flowers” – Sweet Female Attitude
- “Because of You” – Scanty Sandwich
- “Beautiful Day” – U2
- “Kids” – Robbie Williams and Kylie Minogue
Facts of 2000!
- The PlayStation 2 was released in Japan, becoming the best-selling games console of all time as well as it being the first console that also played DVD’s
- Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey are named the best-selling male and female artists of the millennium at the World Music Awards in Monaco
- “Can We Fix It?” from children’s show Bob the Builder tops the UK Single’s Charts becoming Christmas number 1
- France defeats Italy 2-1 after extra time in the final of the European Championships, becoming the first team to win the World Cup and the European Championships consecutively
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Castaway, X-Men and Chicken Run was released in this year with Chicken Run being the highest stop motion animation of all time – also Shannon’s college tutor worked on this film! Wow!
- The highest rated UK programme of the year was an episode of Coronation Street, pulling in 18.96million viewers
- The Tate Modern was officially opened in London
- The Best Film Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA went to Gladiator
- The Best Actor Golden Globe went to Tom Hanks for Castaway and the Oscar went to Russell Crowe for Gladiator
- The Best Actress Golden Globe, Oscar and BAFTA went to Julia Roberts fro Erin Brockovich
- The viewing figures for the BBC’s coverage for the millennium was 12.8million viewers, considerably more than ITV’s coverage only pulling in 4.1million viewers
- Dora the Explorer first airs on Nickelodeon
- At the 42nd annual Grammy awards, Santana wins a record of 8 Grammys in one night tying with Michael Jackson who won 8 in 1984 and Christina Aguilera wins Best New Artist
- Linkin Park’s debut album “Hybrid Theory” is released, debuting at number 16 on the Billboard 200 and was later certified Diamond
- The 2000 Summer Olympics are held in Sydney, Australia and is the last Olympic games of the 20th century
- The DVD player is the Christmas present of the year in Sweden
New Lamsie on the Loose?
Lamsie on the Loose now has a brand new summer time slot of 2pm-5pm every Saturday, bringing you all the things you love with added sports section, more extreme tracks selected by each of the presenters and new DJ EJ’s Summer Soul Selection! Be there or be square!