On Dragons’ Den last night, two guys were seeking investment for their new dating app. The difference with this dating app is that, when you set up your profile, it doesn't show your information and it blurs out your profile photo. It's only after you and the other person have talked for a certain amount of time that your photo and information are revealed.
Q) Do you think this is a good idea for a dating app?
Q) Do you think we prioritise people's looks over their personality, when it comes to relationships?
Source: Fuzzy Banter
In this game, I play the chorus from five popular songs backwards and my co-presenters have to guess what the song is. The first one to buzz in gets to guess and the person to get the most right answers wins. Here are the songs which I used:
1) ‘Saturday Night’ - Whigfield
2) ‘It Wasn't Me’ – Shaggy
3) ‘Vogue’ – Madonna
4) ‘Livin' on a Prayer’ – Bon Jovi
5) ‘22’ – Taylor Swift
North Korea now have their own version of Netflix. It's called Manbang and it's now being adding to the estimated 5,000 websites which make up North Korea's internet.
However, North Koreans won't be showing shows like House of Cards or Stranger Things. Instead, it'll mostly be showing documentaries about North Korea and Kim Jong-un, as well as North Korean propaganda.
Q) What do you think of this?
Q) What do you think about the whole North Korean situation?
Yesterday marked the end of another Olympics. Was this one as good as others? Here are some of the good and bad points we've seen across this year's Olympics:
- Team GB won more medals than in 2012. They came home with 67 medals this time.
- A number of athletes and audience members were proposed to. It's reported that all of the people who were proposed to said yes.
- Rio de Janeiro is now more popular. The last time it was famous around the world was in 2002 because of a film called City of God.
- An Egyptian athlete was sent home because he refused to shake his opponent's hand in Judo.
- The water in Rio wasn't safe to drink, and the swimming pools turned green.
- Only 12% of tickets to the Paralympics have been sold this year. They're now desperate to sell as many tickets as possible before the Paralympics starts on September 7th.
Q) What's your overall opinion of this year's Olympics?
Source: USA Today
Source: Indian Express
Three days ago, Ricky Gervais' new film was released in the UK. It's been a while since he's been in a film, so people are quiet excited to see more of him on their screens. As well as that this new film is based around the TV series, The Office. Let's have a watch, or listen if you heard the radio show:
Q) Does this film sound good to you?
Q) Do you like Ricky Gervais?
For some weird reason, the users of twitter have been asking where the vomit emoji is. They demand to have one because they say that there are many scenarios where they'd like to use that emoji.
@LushMama3 says “I honestly can't stress enough that I need a vomit emoji to post on cute coupley pics.”
Q) If there was a vomit emoji, what would you use it for?
Q) What other emojis do we need?
Sony are expected to announce two new PS4 consoles in September, to compete with the new slim XBOX One S. The reason we know this is because of leaked renders that are now being shared across the internet.
Allegedly, this new console will have improved graphics, 4K support and it'll be optimized for PlayStation VR. It'll cost £349, but will be compatible with all of your PS4 games.
Q) Do you prefer Xbox or PS4?