onfire night is fast approaching and is one of my favourite times of year. The fireworks I have always found so pretty, though some can be quite loud, and I love eating loads of burgers and hot dogs. In turn it got me thinking of some tips that you might find helpful to keep safe and really enjoy the night, whether you are at a display or at home.
- Wrap up warm. I always have gloves, scarf, hat and a nice thick jumper on as Bonfire night always seems so cold.
- Never go near a firework that hasn't gone off. Common sense I know but you still get some people that thinks it'll be fine and end up having an accident.
- Always keep a safe distance. When you're at a display it is easy to keep a safe distance but when at home it can be a little more difficult. If you have a long garden then you can set them off at the top and stay at the bottom of the garden. If you have a shorter garden then you can always get fireworks that don't need a long range to be set off at.
- Always have an adult light the fireworks. Never in any circumstance should a child set off a firework, again I know it is common sense but it still happens.
- Have water nearby for sparklers. Sparklers get very hot, even if you think they may not, so when they have gone out you need to put them straight into some cold water. I always remember loving the sound it made when it went into the water.
Those are my main tips to have a nice, enjoyable Bonfire Night and a safe one to. I hope these are helpful to someone out there and have a good one readers!