helsie is one of our guests on The Mid Week Mix Up this Wednesday at 5pm. She will be singing some of her own compositions and chatting with us. Before we meet her on the radio show, we got to know her a little better with a fun Q&A.
1. What’s the most annoying song ever?
Happy by Pharell Williams. I know, how awful of me.
2. What’s the first record/CD you ever owned?
Pussycat Dolls - Dontcha.
3. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
I know it’s cliche, but I’d very much like to be able to turn invisible.
4. If I came to your house for dinner, what would you cook for me?
Depends what you like, but I do make a good chicken chow mein.
5. Who was the best teacher at school or college, why?
Mr Oliver. He was a great teacher, but he was great to argue with as well.
6. What’s the best way to spend a Friday night?
A few months ago I’d have said going out to the pub with friends, but now, it’s making music in my pyjamas and being left alone.
7. Theatre or cinema?
I’ve only ever been to the theatre once, but it was fantastic and I’d definitely say going to a theatre is a better choice.
8. What’s the last book you read?
The Girl On The Train. It’s great book!
9. If you could be a cartoon character for a day, who would you be?
Elsa of course. She has THE best hair AND she can throw ice… and my hands are always freezing cold so I think it’s quite fitting.
10. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
The dinosaur ;)
11. What was the last film you watched in the cinema?
I took my five year old son to go and watch Peter Rabbit.
12. Whose voice would you choose for your satnav?
If I could drive it would be either Morgan Freeman or David Attenborough, I don’t think anyone would have road rage listening to either of these two.
13. What’s your dream car?
Aston Martin, Vantage.
14. Who would you like to be stuck in a lift with and what would you talk about?
Elvis Costello. I’d love to ask him all about his thought process and I’d probably beg to write a song with him.
15. Is it true that blondes have more fun?
I definitely had more fun as a blonde!
16. Favourite TV show?
It’s a toss- up between Supernatural (fan since 2005!) or Lucifer which I started watching last year and in both shows, I think I’m in love with the Devil.
17. What’s your karaoke song?
Honey I’m Home by Shania Twain.
18. Where would you most like to go for a holiday?
Nashville, 100% and I’d head straight to The Bluebird Cafe.
19. What new skill would you like to learn?
Communication because I suck at it.
20. What would you tell your 13 year-old self?
I know things are getting confusing now; but just ask for help. That’s all you need to do.