he first line-up announcements for this year’s Green Man Festival were released last Thursday, with headliners including The War On Drugs, Fleet Foxes and John Grant. Here is what you need to know about what is arguably Wales’ most well-known music festival.
Where is it?
The Green Man Festival is held at Glanusk Park in the Brecon Beacons, which is less than an hour drive from Newport.
When is it?
This year the festival is running from the 16th to the 19th August. Settlers passes are available to camp from the 13th August, allowing you more time to enjoy the local scenery.
The festival has a packed line up of live music, with 38 bands having been announced so far. There are still around seventy acts left to be announced, but there is more to the Green Man Festival than just music.
Visitors can also expect literature, art, comedy and things to keep the kids busy. This is a family run festival and families are welcome. Separate family camping areas and zones specifically aimed at younger guests mean that it is suitable for everyone.
Get a taste of the line up at the Green Man Festival by listening to their Spotify playlist.
How much does it cost?
Tickets are definitely not cheap with an adult ticket costing £180, plus a £9 booking fee. However, there are discounted rates for concessions and under 4s go free.
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased directly from the website.
What areas can I expect?
There's something awaiting everyone at Green Man, whatever you want from your experience. The venue is split into several areas;
- Mountain’s Foot: The headline arena
- The Courtyard: Welsh ales and ciders from independent brewers
- Far Out: Second stage
- Little Folk: An area for little explorers, up to the age of 12
- Walled Garden: Step into another world, see up-close live sets and lounge around the Maypole
- Babbling Tongues: Workshops, discussion and comedy
- Einstein’s Garden: Music, talks, theatre and interactive installations
- Fortune Falls: A quiet and artistic area full of art installations
- Nature Nurture: Relax and unwind with yoga to hot tubs
- Somewhere: Action packed teens area.
What else do I need to know?
Check out the Green Man Festival’s website for full details, including a handy list of festival dos and don’ts.