uesday 13th November is World Kindness Day. Since being founded in 1998, this global movement has been dedicated to celebrating and spreading kindness across the world.
In previous years, kind acts to mark this annual event have included 10,000 chocolate bars being handed out in London, 30,000 flowers being given out in Singapore and an enormous Kindness Hug in Australia.
However, an act of kindness needn’t be grand, it is about doing something, however small, to be a little bit kinder. Simply smiling at a stranger or opening a door can have a positive impact.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Send a kind text to someone you know.
- Hold the door open for those behind you.
- Give someone a compliment – it can make their day, week or year!
- Bring in treats for your colleagues.
- Write positive online reviews for places you have visited or businesses you have gone to.
- Pick out good causes on the internet and ‘like’ or ‘follow’ them.
- Put your loose change in a charity box.
- Walk or cycle to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Donate clothes to a charity shop.
- Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
Visit Kindness UK’s website for more details on World Kindness Day 2018.
Visit Random Acts of Kindness for free printables.