here are just seven days until a creative urban adventure comes to Newport, and there is still time to book your place.
Newport Photomarathon starts on Saturday 28 October and brings twenty-four hours of photography challenges. This is a great opportunity to explore the city, get your photography seen and most importantly, have fun.
Participants have until 12 noon on the 29 October to take photos based on twelve given themes, and submit them for judging.
Here are 5 reasons why you should take part:
Entrance to the event costs just £5, which includes entry to the competition, printing and showing of your photos in a public exhibition. It is not very often you get 24 hours of adventure for just £5.
Organisers are also offering a discounted entrance fee for concessions, so the event is accessible to all. You don’t need a fancy camera or special equipment either, you can take photos straight from your smart phone.
The best picture in 12 categories will win a goody bag which will include over £100 worth of products and services; including a camera bag and exclusive offers.
There will also be prizes for each age band:
· 15 and under - Newport Live family panto tickets.
· 16-21 – A photography master class of your choice from Coleg Gwent.
· 22-26 - A full day hire of studio space and tech support from Holbrook Studio.
· 26+ – A £200 in-store coupon to use at The Camera Centre.
On the 28 October participants will benefit from the following discounts and offers:
· Discounts at the Camera Centre Newport.
· Sensor clean at the Camera Centre Newport.
· A free all-day bus ticket for Newport Bus.
· 10% off coffee at Horton’s Coffee House.
· Printing discount at Minuteman Press Newport.
All photographs submitted for judging during the event will then be displayed in a public exhibition. This is a fantastic way to get your photography seen and a great experience for budding photographers.
The public exhibition will take place between the 11 and 19 November at Holbrook Studios in Maindee. The winning photographs for each category will then go on display at The Riverfront Theatre.
Even if you are not the best photographer in the world, this event looks set to be loads of fun. It’s an opportunity to join likeminded people who enjoy taking photos.
Also, there are exclusive #NPphotomarathon pin badges on offer