It’s a delicious sweet and fruity wine. Fun to make too!
- 3 cartons of fruit juice (grape, berry or mixed)
- 4 kilos sugar
- 2 sachets yeast
- 16 liters water
- 1 balloon with pin pricks in it
- 1 x 19 liter water container. (This is one of the water bottles that fit onto water coolers)
- Green food colouring (optional)
2. In a pan, add a small amount of hot water and the sugar then dissolve the sugar over a low heat. Do not boil.
3. Add the sugar water to the fruit juice in the large container then add the yeast.
4. Fill the large bottle with water and place the balloon over the top. The balloon will start to inflate as the wine ferments.
5. Keep the container in a warm place.
6. The balloon will eventually start to deflate and when it has fully deflated, your wine is ready to decant into wine bottles.
7. To make it into Paddy P**s, simply add a few drops of green food colouring to make it a gorgeous emerald green!
8. Leave for about four weeks before drinking.
Lovely served with fresh fruit and cheese